Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Food glorious food!

I was reading one of my roommate's old Vogues today, and in between hundreds of adds I found something beautiful. (I never buy fashion or gossip mags, I swear. Bringing home the the US magazine I found on the bus last week doesn't count). Anyways, this example of beauty was found in the People are talking about FOOD section. The description of some of the gorgeous handmade foods (especially the best pizza the food writer ever found) made me want to throw myself down on the ground and roll about, or jump up and down and screech in food avarice. These are the same symptoms I get when in thrall of an extreme sushi craving. I'm not chubby enough anymore to make rolling around on the ground all that fun, and I have neighbours below, so I'm trying to write it out of my system. But clearly something more vigorous is needed.

Much of the time when I develop a sudden food desire, I can go make something that will either quench it or get close enough . . . but when it is sushi, or some of the delicacies mentioned here, I know that it just wont work, and I am in bittersweet agony or envy of the person who got to eat such a beauteous thing. The only cure is to go to the Yokohama (should it be sushi-enduced, seeing as the Yokahama in Vic, next to the corner of Blanshard and Broughton, simply ROCKS) or find some elaborate way to distract myself. and I have FOUND it.

It's sunny here, and I don't know of any good places to sunbathe nearby, so I figured out how to get onto the apartment building roof. There's this ladder that starts in the back garden just above head height, but I can get onto it by sorta walking up the building. I have just solicited a string bikini top from my roommate, and I'll throw my genetics study stuff into my backpack and go hike it on up there. Basta! Distraction created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home