Monday, November 21, 2005

Is my dearth of specificity specious or especially spineless?

So, although most of you know that when in doubt I say too much . . . someone suggested that my photogenicity was marred by chronic lip-blur, if that helps the rest of you . . . I wonder if I dish too much or too little on my blog.

Blogs are ideal for rants, and most of my blogs are rants of some kind . . . however, I do like to tell stories. The thing is, most of my stories are taken from real life . . . and the people in them often have this blog address.

So, instead of this blog being a nice journal, and a way to discuss and solicit opinions from friends and strangers, I find that often I don't ask for advice or get to pour out the things that bother me most. So, if a friend does something ridiculous, or suddenly an old friend becomes a new date . . . I only write about it in an oblique way that must disguise the real meat of the story, in an attempt to disguise anything too telling or private!

I know that some people write about everything and everyone, and still hand out their blog address freely . . . but that just doesn't make that much sense to me. Either I judge people to harshly, or I'm paranoid . . . or something! My real name isn't even on here, in case my dad googles me. I wouldn't put it past him, to be sure.

So instead, my blog doesn't really update anyone on the juciest aspects of my life, such as they are, even when I would tell 90% of my readers to their face, if I had the chance. Does this make me spineless, or wise?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home