Wednesday, May 18, 2005

My friend got into med school! Hot guys and my rampant imagination . . .

Apart from this giving me mini conniption fits like *what am I doing with my life, I have no direction, my future is a black hole!* and *OMG was I supposed to start growing up now I am heading towards my MIDDLE TWENTIES?* I think this is just great. Good going Keltie!!! Not that I am surprised, mind. Also, she got into the med school of her choice . . . and will end up living near me again for a year and a half at least! !Aha, and even if we don't end up roommates again and just live withing visiting distance, I am hoping that she can introduce me to supposedly smart (or at least driven) guys. That would be a nice change . . . maybe some of them could even be interesting hot guys . . . Hah, my imagination churns faster and faster . . .

There is this guy at the mill, this engineer that I met two summers back . . . I used to have the hardest time not watching his cute butt if he walked down the hallway ahead of me. I got to go see him today, to collect some information for the tour script I am rewriting. He is not as hot as I thought he was when I was mid-crush. But he still makes me act like a bit more of an idiot than I actually am, just by looking at me and acting entirely normal. Gotta love that part. He offered to help me out with calc in the summer when I first met him, and I thought GOD NO, he will find out how dumb I am, calc-wise. Later on I learned that he was dating a social science major, only a year ahead of me at the uni . . . and I was like hell, she probably can't do calc either. Why do I make these assumptions that someone is above my *dating level* or whatever the hell I assume? I mean, he probably is bright, being an engineer who fast tracked it a bit . . . but still, I didn't even make the attempt. I probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere, but I didn't even try to find out. Laaaame

Also, my dad is assisting this german guy I know, a couple years older than me, who wants to get back into Canada to work. He has an assured job if he can get back here, though his student job placement has expired. I asked my dad why else he was coming back here immediately (work permits take freaking aaaages to go through the system - Canada is really not all that immigration friendly as most people think). Dad says it is to visit his girlfried. I go, what girlfriend? He says me. Hah, apparently his big brain is cooking up multiple cover stories already. I would say he has watched the movie "Green Card" once too often, but knowing him, a story he spins will sound like it is true by the time he has it propperly groomed. Or maybe it was just me that saw the movie once too often, the guy was kinda cute, and accents are always a plus . . .

Maybe I just need to get myself back on the dating scene again . . . Is there a dating scene in my hometown? I have heard unappetizing things about it. Heh, I could always hitch a ride with Kevin to the 'Lixy. I hear they have mother-daughter date tag teams. That was all I needed to hear, never been there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keltok said...

Heh, thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. We do need to talk about accomodations though...I'll catch you some time...

And as for the driven guys...well, we'll see. Remember, there will only be 32 people in my year at the IMP...so there will be a limited number of candidates to choose from. But hey, optimism reigns supreme!

7:30 p.m., May 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home