Monday, April 25, 2005

Thog Rules! Writing mistakes that give me hope. . .

When in Germany I found out about Ansible, the most popular fandom e-newsletter for fantasy and science fiction. Sure, some of it makes little sense to people not in the world of fandom, but some sections are hilarious. My favourite section is Thog's Masterclass, which is basically a collection of disastrously bad lines that somehow snuck into the published version of what are often very good books by great authors. I LOVE it. If this kind of thing can get published, maybe some of my writing will get into print!

What is Thog's Masterclass? Go here, go 'ctrl+f', enter in Thog and READ

Search for Thog's Masterclass in the Ansible newsletter! So bad its great!


For those too lazy to search, a Thog's Masterclass special compilation

Also, there some hilarious happenings in the publishing or fandom world that are recounted in the newsletter, with some hilarious quotes by and about famous authors.

2 Comments:

Blogger Infurnus Fila said...

Hey Lindz,

Sorry to bother you like this. But I talked with Nathan Vandendungen recently and he told me to ask you for his contact info. I do have his phone number but I think he also mentioned that he had an email addy if not msn? If you can give it to me then that'd be superb! Thanks!

2:08 p.m., April 26, 2005  
Blogger Infurnus Fila said...

Oh ya...don't know if you saw my response to your comment in my blog but yes..InfurnusFila is one Erin Sutherland~L~

2:09 p.m., April 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home