Saturday, November 26, 2005

TV Shows and Other Things that cause Brain Leakage ( commonly known as drool)

My buddy Jon was gushing about his favourite show 'South Park'. So I went to write him a comment on my favourite show, and my favourite scene in it, and my favourite way to make a smart guy turn into a dumb puddle of hormones. So I'll post it here too.

I too have that endless enthusiasm for a favourite show that still makes me think under all the stuff that makes me laugh . . . I watch 'House' for the joy of seeing lots of shit disturbed. It would be great if I were smart enough to get away with saying what I really think, all the time . . . As it is, people just figure that I'm putting my foot in my mouth because I'm just that dumb, not that I don't feel the need for innuendo.

My favourite scene actually doesn't have Dr House in it though . . . which is odd, considering it is a sexual harassment scene . . . perpetrated by the gorgeous young female doctor!

Ah, now the pendulum of sexual harassment has swung the other way, and women are the only ones who can get away with it and it's funny . . . and in this case, I maintain it still is damn funny.

But really, it seems only fair, because she just uses his own fascination on himself. I maintain that guys can be held responsible for their raging hormones. If I have to be responsible for mine, they can damn well be responsible for theirs.

So the gist is this: Cameron gets sick of her coworker Dr. Chase acting funny around her, just because she RETURNED in kind a joke with sexual innuendo. She purposely goes out of her way to make him either assess how stupid his reaction is . . . or just get it over with and drown in his own drool. She explains how distressing sex is . . . in detail with reference to medical factoids . . . then goes on to say that 'if it wasn't so much fun, the human race would have died out eons ago" which leaves Chase looking like a poleaxed mouthbreathing deer in the headlights.

Teeheehee. I'm sure all women abuse (or wish they would abuse) men's habitual drop in IQ once the topic of sex comes up in conversation with a remotely attractive female. Dude, its like they can only see a person in one category or another: A) Friend, who we pretend has NO GENDER . . . or B) Female, and now we can only think of her NAKED. Mmmmm, she might look okay naked . . oh, wait, she is still talking. Shit, she expects an actual response? Uhhhh, did I just stammer? I hate it when my hormones cause my brain to morph into drool . . . Maybe if I can stop speculating on her rack, I can turn away and surreptitiously check my chin for brain leakage . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

My personal favorite line from House is still from the pilot episode:

Cameron: You hired a black guy because he had a juvenile record.

House: No, it wasn’t a racial thing, I didn’t see a black guy. I just saw a doctor... with a juvenile record. I hired Chase ‘cause his dad made a phone call. I hired you because you are extremely pretty.

Cameron: You hired me to get into my pants!?

House: I can't believe that would surprise you. It's also not what I said. No, I hired you because you look good; it's like having a nice piece of art in the lobby.

Cameron: I was in the top of my class.

House: But not the top.

Cameron: I did an internship at the Mayo Clinic.

House: Yes, you were a very good applicant.

Cameron: But not the best?

House: Would that upset you, really, to think that you were hired because of some genetic gift of beauty not some genetic gift of intelligence?

Cameron: I worked very hard to get where I am.

House: But you didn’t have to. People choose the paths that grant them the greatest rewards for the least amount of effort. That’s the law of nature, and you defied it. That’s why I hired you. You could have married rich, could have been a model, you could have just shown up and people would have given you stuff. Lots of stuff, but you didn’t, you worked your stunning little ass off.

10:23 a.m., November 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home