Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Bad poetry, so bite me. Iambic pentameter my ass.

Now that I have put aside
the work that would not let me rest
I wonder when I really tried
and if that's when I did my best

I am so tired of laying down
the law to get things done
I'd really rather ditch this place
I think I'm gonna run

Away with all this talking
away with all this mess
f**k communication
I cannot take the stress

I'm running down the hall now
I'm heading for the door
my body's here till 5pm
but all I'll do is snore

My fantasy is better
my fantasy has beer
and lots of guys from Sweden
Bet you wish you were here

4 Comments:

Blogger Lu Hill said...

Oh, an encore, you say?

I do not care I do not care
you cannot take me anywhere
I will not go I will not go
you cannot make me, that I know

11:45 p.m., May 03, 2006  
Blogger Keltok said...

I approve of the beer! I even have beer in real life, when I'm lucky!

3:25 p.m., May 05, 2006  
Blogger Robeena said...

You know, lu, I usually don't approve of rhyming poems, but I like it. I totally understand where you're coming from in it. It actually strikes me as good for a song. I've been pondering writing some self-indulgent poetry or songs lately.

also, you've been absent from CH central lately. what is up, my home chicken?

9:37 p.m., May 08, 2006  
Blogger Robeena said...

Oh! And I wasn't calling your poem self-indulgent. I was referring to the quality of what I feel I would write.

9:38 p.m., May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home