Monday, August 24, 2009

Canoeing!

One of my friends, Margaret Archer, just completed the Bowron Lake Canoe Circuit (A BC Provincial Park thing near ) and after looking at the Facebook pictures, I want to go try it NOW. I also assume that I should perhaps canoe once or twice, first . . . so I'm guessing I might actually try such a thing no sooner than nine months from now. Anyone else interested?

http://www.bcadventure.com/adventure/explore/cariboo/trails/bowron.htm
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/bowron_lk/

Bowron Lake Park is located about 120 kilometers east of Quesnel, past Barkersville, which I would also like to see. http://www.barkerville.ca/plan_visit.htm

I know it sounds goofy to look so far ahead for an adventure, but if I'm hoping to solicit people from different provinces for a reunion, I had better start now!

Cheers,

-Lindsay

4 Comments:

Blogger Maryann said...

Another good paddling route (from what I hear) is the Nitinat Triangle...and that's much closer to home! I really want to do this.
I've joined the blog world recently.

www.waterbuffalogirl.blogspot.com

12:18 p.m., August 24, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:24 p.m., September 04, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you want to do the Bowron Chain! It was so breathtakingly beautiful that I wish I could do it again right away just to fully appreciate it even more. The sweat, bugs, and aches were worth it.

One of my biggest issues was night time. With no fires allowed bedtime was around 8:15, and with my overly active imagination I analyzed every twig snap and water drip, convinced it was some wild beast about to tear my tent apart. Maybe next time I'll take sleeping pills and ear plugs.

Sorry,that's my deleted comment above.

9:26 p.m., September 04, 2009  
Blogger Chasing Clean Air said...

I also fantasize about doing the Bowron Lake chain after canoeing just one of the lakes last summer. I was blown away by the beauty and my new found joy for canoeing. I too want to work up to the circuit. I'd love to check out your friend's facebook photos. Here's what I wrote from my journey (and photos)

http://www.chasingcleanair.com/chasing_clean_air/2008/07/bowron-lakes--.html

Thanks for sharing your wish. Mine, too!

9:03 p.m., September 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home