Friday, June 03, 2005

Busted!

So, the other day my mom pops into my room and says "so, has your brother been driving the van at all? Say, while we were on vacation?"

I look up with a blank expression. Very blank.

She looks to be enjoying herself. "Because someone asked me if he was getting his learners license . . . apparently they saw him driving recently . . . "

I attempt a nice confused look, but suspect the look is unconvincing and my defences are nil. I know where this is going.

"So, has your brother perhaps been driving . . . into trees? That dent on the van . . . " Mom is definitely finding this amusing.

I am starting to look less fake-confused and more guilty. Clearly, I will not be able to cook up a good story here.

"I say nothing." I attempt to regain the blank look. Mom is already looking knowing and amused. She probably won't be telling Dad, or she would be looking rather more fearful for my life.

Dad, of course, has no doubt that I am likely to run into things with vehicles. The fact that this hasn't happened in, say, 6 years when I was a very new driver does not signify with him. He thinks every line of dirt on any vehicle is a scratch, and all the scratches would be naturally caused by me. Assuming whoever chatted with mom doesn't chat with him, he won't think too hard. And even if they did, he might not be instantly suspicious. I bet that the dent on the van was the reason my mom believed my brother was driving.

Well, for once it's a good thing dad has like no realistic idea of what I actually do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lu Hill said...

See the May 1st article.

7:45 p.m., June 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home