Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Boxed Set Obsessed*

I just found out that my current favourite show, House, is coming out on DVD August 30th. I will soon be rabidly watching it in my apartment in the school term, trying to stave off DTs from lack of cable TV.

God I love that show. Have you seen any of it? It's one of the new doctor shows, about a brilliant diagnostician who is a total prick. It's great. Grey's Anatomy is lighter but also maybe good enough to buy . . . I don't spring for cable in the school year, but I have a DVD player!! I am obsessed with boxed sets now . . . so far I have only borrowed them from the library (Sports Night kicks ass!) but things are so much better when you watch them in sequence SANS COMMERCIALS.

The public library there has DVD sets of Sex and the City and all sorts of great foreign films as well. I have already started putting holds on stuff with long wait lists . . . media rocks . . . nothing is more fun than escaping into someone else's story when your life gets a bit bland. Personally, I find that ten minutes of chopping vegetables alone is bland, so I do it on the coffee table while watching stuff. And they wonder why there might be a growing trend of ADHD in North American society . . . who needs to concentrate on one thing at a time unless there is nothing better to do? I still have all my fingers, and haven't crumpled a car yet.

PS Does it still count as a collision if there is no apparent damage? I mean, its only a fender-bender in name . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home