Monday, August 08, 2005

Jazz in Cow Bay, eh?

So, there is this cute little jazz place in Cowichan Bay now . . . Jenn took me out there on Friday, and it was pretty cool. We talked to the bass player for a while, but Jenn was too chicken to get his number . . . and I had her all kitted out in my tight jean dress too! And I do mean tight . . . Jenn is totally in shape this summer, and it still took her like three min to wiggle into that dress . . . more if you count the failed attempt to do up the top three buttons!

Anyways, the jazz place (the Mellowside) is cool, and I got to get my favourite UDDER GUYS ICE CREAM, (long may it live and soon may it open a place near UVic). The Mellowside had a typewriter too . . . and I took the opportunity to write a bunch of bad poetry on it (mainly screwball lymerics), and other weird stuff. Something about it and the live music made it totally spew out of my head. I think the whole thing about there being no backspace button really does it for me. With a computer, I have so many opportunities to prevaricate, and it really doesn't do me any favours. I need something that forces me to be decisive. It allows me to write BADLY with NO SHAME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home